Building on last year’s concert at the Pan-Am Pool, the Winnipeg New Music Festival continues its exploration of alternative spaces and local histories, this time at the iconic Hudson’s Bay Building. Winnipeg Sony Classical recording artist and Continuous Music pianist Lubomyr Melnyk will be presenting a new live music and film collaboration with the National Ballet based on the paintings of Group of Seven artist Lawren Harris. The Cecilia String Quartet will perform two new commissions, and the Winnipeg Chamber Music Society will give the world premiere of Alexina Louie’s new Piano Quintet. Festival Curator Matthew Patton will present a new work for strings and voices.
Special thanks to Marten Duhoux and ft3
- Alexina Louie Falling Through Time World Premiere
- I. Cascade
- II. Intermezzo - Elegy For Marina Geringas
- III. Falling Through Time
- Emilie LeBel Taxonomy of Paper Wings
- Lubomyr Melnyk The Dreamers Ever Leave You
- Jessica Moss Entire Populations
- Nicole Lizée Isabella Blow at Somerset House
- Matthew Patton The Limits of Almost World Premiere
- Winnipeg Chamber Music SocietyDavid Moroz, pianist; Gwen Hoebig, violinist; Karl Stobbe, violinist; Daniel Scholz, violist; Yuri Hooker, cellist
- Cecilia String QuartetCatherine Cosbey, violinist; Sarah Nematallah, violinist; Caitlin Boyle, violist; Rachel Desoer, cellist
- Matthew Patton, electronics
- Jessica Moss, violinist & electronics
- Lubomyr Melnyk, pianist
- Miles Macdonell Symphony SingersZane Zalis, director
- WNMF String QuartetMeredith McCallum, violin; Kristina Bauch, violin; Elise Lavallee, viola; Sean Taubner, cello
Pre-Concert Special Performance
Spectral Repair II
6:30PM | Hudson's Bay
Doreen Girard, visual artist
Overhead projection images animated by the properties of water, wind and acoustics.
Plug In ICA [460 Portage Ave]
Ben Shemie Music for Two Radios Sea WORLD PREMIERE
in collaboration with CKUW 95.9 FM & UMFM 101.5 FM
Limited seating. Free for pass holders.
Bring a battery-powered FM radio and be part of the performance!